"Row has been modified by another user and couldn't be updated" during site change for release

A PO arrived into demand entry (EDI) and was converted to a Sales Order. Every time we change the site for the release of the sales kit, we get the “Row has been modified by another user and couldn’t be updated” error message. We verified it happens in the base form as well. I have reviewed all the kits and their components to ensure that they exist in the desired warehouses and bins. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Including the error message detail for those that can make sense of it:

Business Layer Exception

Row has been modified by another user and couldn’t be updated.

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

*Error Detail *
============
Correlation ID: 8a88e0cf-7168-48bf-ae76-4c4a5b4874f0
Description: Row has been modified by another user and couldn’t be updated.
Program: Epicor.Ice.dll
Method: Validate
Line Number: 109
Column Number: 21
Table: OrderRel
Field: SysRevID

*Client Stack Trace *
==================

• at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)*
  • at Erp.Proxy.BO.SalesOrderImpl.MasterUpdate(Boolean lCheckForOrderChangedMsg, Boolean lcheckForResponse, String cTableName, Int32 iCustNum, Int32 iOrderNum, Boolean lweLicensed, Boolean& lContinue, String& cResponseMsg, String& cCreditShipAction, String& cDisplayMsg, String& cCompliantMsg, String& cResponseMsgOrdRel, String& cAgingMessage, SalesOrderDataSet ds)*
  • at Erp.Adapters.SalesOrderAdapter.MasterUpdate(Boolean lCheckForOrderChangedMsg, Boolean lcheckForResponse, String cTableName, Int32 iCustNum, Int32 iOrderNum, Boolean lweLicensed, Boolean& lContinue, String& cResponseMsg, String& cCreditShipAction, String& cDisplayMsg, String& cCompliantMsg, String& cResponseMsgOrdRel, String& cAgingMessage)*
  • at Erp.UI.App.SalesOrderEntry.Transaction.Update()*

Are there any Data Directive or Method Directives relating to Order tables impacting the OrderRel table?

Yes, but BPMs were disabled by our consultants who were evaluating this issue. The error still occurred.

If no BPMs and no Customizations it’s a bug

I would agree on the bug conclusion, but I have resolved one of the lines. I tried the same procedure on the next line, but the error is still occurring for that line. Thus, it is definitely a data issue buried somewhere in the tables. What if I updated OrderRel.warehousecode and OrderRel.plant using DMT? Does the DemandDetail.Plant field value affect the Order Release site value?

Resolved…I tried my suggestion and it worked.

2 Likes