SSRS Transfer

Ok, Newb question: How do you transfer the SSRS over to a new database? I have created a VM with a new SQL instance completely separate from my live. I have all the Epicor info transferred via backup and restore. Tried that with SSRS and got nothing. Every report I run gives an error because it can’t find the SSRS report.

Ok, well I noticed that when I restored the SSRS to the new Epicor, it recreated the original database, name and all. It didn’t just copy the info into the correct database that was already there. So, what did I do wrong, and I how do I fix?

Do all SSRS reports fail? or just the custom ones?

William,

You have to take backup of old Report Server Database backup including temp db and export Encryption key then restore both and import the key.

Surendra

You can just move the custom reports using solution Workbench

-Jose

1 Like

@Banderson all of them fail.
@surendrapal I copied the SSRS database, but didn’t get the temp db or encryption key.
@josecgomez That does sound pretty easy.

You should just do a new install (forget the old SSRS DB) and copy the reports using solution workbench

1 Like

If your custom reports are stored under a “Custom Reports” sub-folder you may need to create the folder with the same access first before importing the custom reports.

Sorry for the hijack but thought I would check this out for the first time to be ready for the next upgrade.

When I go into the reports in the solution workbench, I see all the custom reports but for the forms I updated I only see one record and it is marked as a system report. I created new folders under Custom Reports and used the same report name. Will both transfer?

1 Like

You should have created a Custom Report Style for each of the custom reports right? Where you pointed it to the new RDL? If you include the report style in your Solution it will go get the RDL and transfer it.

Excellent. Thanks Jose.

So, I fiddled around and now I am getting the error below. Called Epicor and they said to call Microsoft. Does anyone have some info on this?

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The report server installation is not initialized. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportServerNotActivatedException: The report server installation is not initialized.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportExecution2005Impl.LoadReport(String Report, String HistoryID, ExecutionInfo2& executionInfo)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecutionService.LoadReport(String Report, String HistoryID, ExecutionInfo& executionInfo)
Stack Trace:
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Ice.Core.SsrsReportService.ReportExecutionService.LoadReport(String Report, String HistoryID) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\Web References\SsrsReportService\Reference.cs:line 290
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.ConfigureReportServerForReport(String reportPath, ParameterValue[] parameters) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 169
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsSingleDocumentRenderer.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__4() in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsSingleDocumentRenderer.cs:line 49
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.<>c__DisplayClass2.b__0() in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 87
at Epicor.Hosting.Trace.TraceHandle.TimeAction(Action actionToTime) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Trace\TraceHandle.cs:line 92
at Epicor.Hosting.Trace.TraceHandle.AddTimedIfEnabled(String traceFlag, Action actionToTime, Func2 messageBuilder) in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Trace\TraceHandle.cs:line 39 at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.TraceReportRendered(String printProgram, String ssrsRenderFormat, Func1 timedAction) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 95
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase1.RenderReportForPreviewOrGenerate(RenderedSsrsReport renderedReport) in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 325 at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase1.ProcessReportPart(String reportLocation) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 159
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.StandardReportProcessor1.ProcessReportParts() in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\StandardReportProcessor.cs:line 33 at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder1.ProcessUnroutedReport() in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 213
at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder1.XMLClose() in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 132 at Ice.Core.RptTaskBase1.XMLClose() in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\RptTaskBase.cs:line 134
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.InnerExecuteTask(IceDataContext newContext) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 78
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask(Boolean suppressTransaction) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 31
at Ice.Lib.RunTask.BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.Run(String sessionIdPrefix, IceContext db, Action taskRunner) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.cs:line 63
at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.InnerRunTask(Int64 ipTaskNum, Boolean suppressTransaction) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\RunTask.cs:line 502
at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.InnerRunTask(Int64 ipTaskNum, Boolean suppressTransaction) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\RunTask.cs:line 502
at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvcFacade.RunTask(Int64 ipTaskNum) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\RunTaskSvcFacade.cs:line 97
at SyncInvokeRunTask(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at Epicor.Hosting.OperationBoundInvoker.InnerInvoke(Object instance, Func2 func) in c:\_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\OperationBoundInvoker.cs:line 59 at Epicor.Hosting.OperationBoundInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Func2 func) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\OperationBoundInvoker.cs:line 28
at Epicor.Hosting.Wcf.EpiOperationInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs) in c:_Releases\ICE\3.1.400.19\source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Wcf\EpiOperationInvoker.cs:line 23
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.DispatchAndReleasePump(RequestContext request, Boolean cleanThread, OperationContext currentOperationContext)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.HandleRequest(RequestContext request, OperationContext currentOperationContext)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.AsyncMessagePump(IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.OnAsyncReceiveComplete(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Runtime.Fx.AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceive(IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.ReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceiveComplete(Object state)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.OnAsyncReadComplete(Object state)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessFrameBody(Int32 readBytes, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ReadCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteRequest(Int32 result)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.CheckCompletionBeforeNextRead(Int32 bytes)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadCallback(IAsyncResult transportResult)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream.IOAsyncResult.OnAsyncIOComplete(Object state)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted(SocketAsyncEventArgs e)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.FinishOperationSuccess(SocketError socketError, Int32 bytesTransferred, SocketFlags flags)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

This might be helpful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/install-windows/ssrs-encryption-keys-initialize-a-report-server

Can you go into http://SQLSERVER/Reports
It looks like your SSRS is not installed properly.

No, I can not. Seeing as I have not worked with SQL much, how difficult is this going to be? Or will I need to just start completely over?

Seems to me you need to install / re-install SSRS… It is not difficult if you know how to do it. Who did you install? Do you get an error? is SSRS installed?

I think I know the problem here. Before I posted to this site for suggestions and help on how to bring the data over from my live environment, I did a backup on the Epicor db and the SSRS db. Then I recovered the Epicor db and that went great. Next I recovered the SSRS and instead of putting the info where I wanted it, it made a whole different DB called ERP10SSRS that has all the info. So I was thinking connect to that one as it has the info in it. That is when I started getting this error. So, unless there is a way to initialize that db, then i will have to go a different way to do this.

I really don’t think you need to do much here. Open SSRS Configuration tool and re-initialize a database, generate new keys etc. The Epicor SSRS DB is just a DB full of “jumk” ( as in data for the reports) that one never needs to be backed up restored or moved around.
What do you see when you open SSRS Configuration in your SQL box?

Are you speaking of the Reporting in the App Server Config or in studio?