Territory security question

We have our territories set up with each sales person only able to view the customers in their territories. It all seems to be working smoothly.

We also have several distributors that our customers may purchase through, so we use the customer as a third party ship to for the distributor. The distributors also have ship to addresses in the orders that may fall in the territory of the sales person.

Our sales people cannot view any of the orders for the distributors through the tracker, even though the ship to is defined in their territory. I’m assuming the BT/ST customer territory is the only portion driving the security?

We don’t want to give the sales person authority over the distributor because then they would be able to see sales in the other territories.

Is there a “canned” way to allow them to see the orders where the ship to is in their territory?

Try with External BAQ which will bypass the security

I can do reports/BAQs just fine. It’s the built in trackers that are giving me problems.

yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s the line you can’t get around when using territory security.

If its only for viewing Sales Order Tracker, I would attempt to temporarily add the customer territory to Sales Person in Pre-Processing and remove after getting data in Post-Processing. But it requires extensive testing. I tried similar logic in invoice consolidation during get Shipments by manipulating plant and it works fine.

I think you may have to add the desired sales person to the order to have this work out of the box.

Interesting…I will look into this.

Interesting thought. But it defeats territory security.

In two examples given to me this morning, the salesperson is the one listed on the header and all the lines. They still cannot see the order in order tracker.

Territory security is implemented at the Customer level; The Territory in which the Customer is placed determines access to the customer record.

I’ve submitted a request for territory security to be implemented at the ShipTo level. It is under consideration.

Note: Epicor, since E9, has ‘accidentally’ allowed access based on the territory in which a ShipTo was placed. If a sales rep’s Territory contained a ShipTo for a Customer NOT in his territory, he could still see the customer - which is helpful since this rep has to call on that location and add call notes, etc. This is not the design intent and does not always work.