Update Resource Group on Operation

I having trouble doing something that looks like it should be pretty easy.

We made an error when loading the MOMs for some parts. We loaded them via DMT. The resource group was assigned based on the operation; we did not explicitly load the EcoOprDtl table.

We have since discovered that, for a certain number of parts, Operation 10 is incorrect. It should be Packing instead of Crating. The Resource group assigned to Packing has a lower labor rate and so the error was distorting (in a bad way) the margins on these parts.

I have been able to update the operation via DMT. Updating the operation for some reason removed the production standard (even though it was correct), so I used DMT to re-upload those.

However, I have tried to upload the resource group (that goes with the operation) and have had no success. I have tried both PrimaryResourceGrpID and EcoOprDtl#ResourceGrpID. DMT reports no errors but doesn’t update the values, either.

I am really trying to avoid doing this manually… anyone have any thoughts on this?



Sam, I am having the same problem. Logged a ticket with support and waiting to hear back. I have tried every combination of ResourceGrpID, Description, Add New vs. Update, etc. No luck. I can change other fields no problem but not the Resource Group information for a part operation.

Will be interested to see what they say. I think I gave up and did them manually, but don’t really remember.

I found the only way to do this way to delete the operation and add the new one.

My process was to write a SQL to give you the part operation listing , run it through DMT in ‘Delete’ mode and then update the flat file with the new resource group and a then rerun the file in ‘Insert’ mode.

Wouldn’t it be easy enough to unapprove the method, change the routing and re-approve?

I have north of 25,000 rows of operations that need to be updated. Manually checking out a part in the workbench, updating each operation’s Resource Group to the new value is not an option. It is a field just like any other and should be reachable via DMT. I have tried every combination I can think of but still cannot get the Resource Group field to update for an Operation. Support is still looking into the issue.

We are on 10.2.300.7 and our DMT is on the latest version if you were curious.

Once updated phase 2 of this project we are doing is to create a fully indented (displaying all levels of subassemblies) dashboard showing setup/run times along with the Resource Group on the Operation.

In the DMT the Resource and Resource Groups are on the OpDtl table, and are reachable via JobOpDtl#ResourceID or JobOpDtl#ResourceGrpID. The JobOpDtl table is a child to the JobOper table.

Ernie, if I update the Job tables in the DMT this will only update the jobs for parts not the actual MoM.

To change the MOM itself, go under Engineering, use Bill of Operations, and the fields are ECOOpDtl#ResourceID and ECOOpDtl#ResourceGrpID