Update UD Codes via BPM

I’m trying something similar. I want to update a value in the UDCodes table to store a value so that every time I refresh a query, it cycles through the records and sorts the next one to the top. This allows me to run a dashboard with a refresh timing and have it cycle through different records to publish to the other panes.

If there’s an easier way to do this I’d love to know.

Anyway, I have configured the BPM as described, but no updates are happening:

I fill the UpdExtUserCodes table by query, add 1 to the Number01 field and then Invoke BO Method

Fill table:

Update Number01 field - I popup the results of the calculation:

Invoke BO Method:

I don’t get any errors but the Number01 field does not increment.

Thanks for any help

Russell

Please avoid reviving 2 year old threads, if the answer you were looking for wasn’t in the original thread, start a new one.
Thanks!

I don’t completely follow what you are trying to do. (end goal)
You just want to have a record that increments by one every time? There is a Sequence BO made specifically for this.

Thanks for letting me know, I will try to figure that out.

I have figured out another way to cycle the sort order at the BAQ level, but ultimately I would like to figure out how to use the Invoke BO Method.
I am on SaaS so I don’t have access to code and have wanted to use this a few times for other purposes.

Instead of “ignoring” the errorsOccured and the BOUpdErrorTableSet in your UpdateExt, create two new bindings, and then display the values in a message after the call… you will then be able to see the error message in the error tableset, and the answer may be obvious.