A buyer quit last week. I am asked to move all of his open purchase orders to the other buyers per a spreadsheet. I want a better way to do this.
Current method - I have to assign myself as an authorized user of all of the buyers (I hate doing that), then with DMT, unapprove all 85 open POs, reassign buyer, reapprove POs, and maybe get someone to approve a level higher on some of them.
Or, I could make the other buyers an authorized user of the one that quit. Certainly the simplest solution, but it takes away the idea of who actually owns the PO.
I know you can assign buyers to part classes. Cool going forward, but what about existing open POs?
What I’d like to do is:
- Create a unique buyer for (almost) every part class like a HARNESS buyer ID and a STEEL buyer ID, etc.
- Assign the same person (as in a “Person/Contact”) to multiple buyers so that their name actually shows up on the PO
- Change that assigned person as needed when someone quits (fired, transferred, etc)
- Right name still shows on PO (if reprinted)
- No unapprove/reapprove needed
Problem is, I can’t do that. You can’t assign the same Person/Contact to multiple buyers.
What do you all do in this situation?