Cannot open Quote after creating

Just upgraded from Vista 8.03 to E10.2.500 on the Epicor Cloud last Monday.
Processed several quotes, including methods of manufacturing to determine our estimated cost.

On Friday last week, after using the quoting module for a week quotes that had been created during the past week and those that were converted from 8.03, they couldn’t be opened.

In testing, a repeatable issue was - if a quote header is created without a contact, you cannot retrieve the quote after you have saved the quote and cleared the screen.

Also seeing issues adding material to the method.

Anyone seeing this on the Cloud or on Premise?

The odd part is, the database that was convert in December is in Pilot - is working fine.

Looking for suggestions on causes. I have a ticket with Epicor, but haven’t had results since Friday.

Is territory security causing the issue?

Thanks for asking about territory.
The customer is not licensed for CRM
No users are attached to workforce ID

I should add to this issue that we do get an error code that pops up: " Index 0 is either negative or above rows count. "

Can any quote that was created in 10, or converted from 8, be re-opened?

What if you make a quote with no lines, save it, clear quote entry, and then try to reload that quote?

Then add a single line for a stocked (purchased) item. then try the “save, clear, re-open”.

Keep adding to the quote (a stocked manufactured part), a make to order part (without an MOM), and then a MTO with an MOM. See where the trouble starts.

Hi Bruce,

We have found Task setup and Reason code setup for quotes not too user friendly and necessary to run regardless of whether using CRM or not. Any chance you have a problem with these? Here’s a post that has some info on looking into it:

Nancy

Oh, I just remembered another area in Quote Entry that’s bitten us before.

Since upgrade to E10, personalizations to Quote Entry became corrupt and an error stating “An item with the same key has already been added” occurred each time opened quote entry.

In addition to personalization issues, it might be a customization. Try launching the base form (i.e. - no customization) of Quote Entry.

@ckrusen - thanks for you ideas - I have started down that path.
That’s how we found that Contacts were required (not standard though for Epicor)
I will go to the next level of adding a part, etc.
Using the Cirrus conversion approach with Epicor was very seamless - we are using the “Vanilla” - no customizations or personalizations to run the processes.

@Nancy_Hoyt - I will check out the CRM setting, though they aren’t licensed for CRM.
Really appreciate the feedback

I misread that as “… without a contract …”

If you’ve distilled it down to the need for a contact on the header, I’d then see if it varies by customer. Make a brand new customer, and see if it still happens. If it doesn’t with the bnew customer, then look into the contacts setup for the existing customers. There might be some breaks between customer records and the associated contacts.

And if you’re new to E10, there might be more connections for contacts than you realize.

A customer can have multiple contacts, some of which might be set to be the default for thinks like: primary contact, primary buyer, primary receiver. And then there are contacts assigned to specific ShipTo’s

Good news- discovered the issue - now to work on the resolution with Epicor,
When the database was upgrade from Vista 8.03 the “Enable Mfg Cost Elements” was not checked. We are switching to best practices so in E10 this was checked on Thursday afternoon. This change caused the issue with the Quotes not being able to be retrieved.

We are able to at least move forward while Epicor works with us to make possible to move forward and check this box to best analyze our jobs.

Thanks for the suggestions while we worked to find the cause of this issue.

2 Likes