CRM - Territory Security

The security is based upon by workforce / territory in Vantage.

If you have salesman X in territory 1 and salesman y in territory 1, if
you put John Doe as an authorized user on salesman X, then you will be
able to see all customers and close out all tasks for territory 1.

If you have 10 workforce / reps set up, and John Doe is listed on only
one of the workforce's as an authorized user, he will only be able to
see, and complete tasks for CRM related to the associated territory of
that workforce.

If John Doe is not on any of the workforce listings as an authorized
user, he will be able to see ALL territories. However, he will not be
able to complete tasks on behalf any workforce.

Cynthia Lombardo

Ascension Industries Inc.

1254 Erie Avenue

North Tonawanda, NY 14120

Ph: 716-693-9381 x 131

Fx: 716-693-9882

clombardo@...

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We're on 8.03.405A and have implemented CRM. We're running into what I believe is a security *bug*. Currently, we're only able to see 2 customers. I have modified workforce records, linked them to logins and given the work force records access to view all territories. Still NADA. I can only see the 2 records. I have calls open with tech support - still waiting for tech support line to *open*...

Open to any and all ideas - just shoot away!

I performed the same updates / process in an upgraded copy of my production environment and that's working just fine (which is why I believe it's a bug). Just won't work in 8.03.405a.

Frustratred beyond all belief......

Thank you
Do you have "Consolidate to Prime Salesperson" checked on your territories? If so, try unchecking it. I seem to recall we ran across this problem some time ago and I think uncheck this box was the solution.
Â
Steven G.

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:50 AM
Subject: [Vantage] CRM - Territory Security

Â
We're on 8.03.405A and have implemented CRM. We're running into what I believe is a security *bug*. Currently, we're only able to see 2 customers. I have modified workforce records, linked them to logins and given the work force records access to view all territories. Still NADA. I can only see the 2 records. I have calls open with tech support - still waiting for tech support line to *open*...

I performed the same updates / process in an upgraded copy of my production environment and that's working just fine (which is why I believe it's a bug). Just won't work in 8.03.405a.

Thank you

Nope! Don;t have that one checked. We're beginning to unravel the issue. It's definitely linked to Territories. It's just very strange on how everything is linked together security wise. I believe we're getting the *hang* of things. Thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated
Jeff

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@...> wrote:
>
> Do you have "Consolidate to Prime Salesperson" checked on your territories? If so, try unchecking it. I seem to recall we ran across this problem some time ago and I think uncheck this box was the solution.
> ÂÂ
> Steven G.
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: JCHenslee <jhenslee@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:50 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] CRM - Territory Security
>
>
> ÂÂ
> We're on 8.03.405A and have implemented CRM. We're running into what I believe is a security *bug*. Currently, we're only able to see 2 customers. I have modified workforce records, linked them to logins and given the work force records access to view all territories. Still NADA. I can only see the 2 records. I have calls open with tech support - still waiting for tech support line to *open*...
>
> Open to any and all ideas - just shoot away!
>
> I performed the same updates / process in an upgraded copy of my production environment and that's working just fine (which is why I believe it's a bug). Just won't work in 8.03.405a.
>
> Frustratred beyond all belief......
>
> Thank you
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
There is a checkbox on the workforce ID for each person called "view company pipeline"...try that out. And make sure all of your customers have territories associated to them. On the main customer and the ship to as well.

M. Manasa Reddy
manasa@...<mailto:manasa@...>
630.806.2000 x1515
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of JCHenslee
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:19 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: CRM - Territory Security

Nope! Don;t have that one checked. We're beginning to unravel the issue. It's definitely linked to Territories. It's just very strange on how everything is linked together security wise. I believe we're getting the *hang* of things. Thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated
Jeff

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@...> wrote:
>
> Do you have "Consolidate to Prime Salesperson" checked on your territories? If so, try unchecking it. I seem to recall we ran across this problem some time ago and I think uncheck this box was the solution.
> Â
> Steven G.
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: JCHenslee <jhenslee@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:50 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] CRM - Territory Security
>
>
> Â
> We're on 8.03.405A and have implemented CRM. We're running into what I believe is a security *bug*. Currently, we're only able to see 2 customers. I have modified workforce records, linked them to logins and given the work force records access to view all territories. Still NADA. I can only see the 2 records. I have calls open with tech support - still waiting for tech support line to *open*...
>
> Open to any and all ideas - just shoot away!
>
> I performed the same updates / process in an upgraded copy of my production environment and that's working just fine (which is why I believe it's a bug). Just won't work in 8.03.405a.
>
> Frustratred beyond all belief......
>
> Thank you
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

Login<https://asp.reflexion.net/login?domain=weldcoa.com>

To: manasa@...<https://asp.reflexion.net/address-properties?aID=516126014&domain=weldcoa.com>

From: sentto-20369-108831-1332857962-manasa=weldcoa.com@...<https://asp.reflexion.net/address-properties?aID=605357515&domain=weldcoa.com>

Message Score: 50

High (60): Pass

My Spam Blocking Level: Low

Medium (75): Pass

Low (90): Pass

Block<https://asp.reflexion.net/FooterAction?ver=2&bl-sender-address=1&rID=516126014&aID=605357515&domain=weldcoa.com> this sender

Block<https://asp.reflexion.net/FooterAction?ver=2&bl-sender-domain=1&rID=516126014&aID=605357515&domain=weldcoa.com> returns.groups.yahoo.com

This message was delivered because the content filter score did not exceed your filter level.

Make sure your logon user is associated with all your territories.

Gary

Gary Parfrey | Managing Director

Mobile: +44 7765 234 934
DDI: +44 121 314 1172
Main: +44 121 314 1170

Dot Net IT Limited, One St Kenelm Court, Steel Park Road, Halesowen, B62 8HD, United Kingdom.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action based on this communication. If you have received this communication in error please contact GaryP@...<mailto:GaryP@...> and delete this communication and any copies of it. Any views or opinions presented are soley of those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Dot Net IT Limited.

Dot Net IT Limited, Reg No 4412519

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of JCHenslee
Sent: 27 March 2012 12:51
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] CRM - Territory Security

Thank you