Data Directives on Part Class Table

Hi,

I’m trying to create a change log in the Part Class to register any changes made on it, especially on the GLControl tab. However, the “Change Log” option does not appear in the Design window of In-Transaction and Standard Directive.

I was able to do it successfully with Product Group, but not with Part Class.

Thanks in advance for any help extended :slight_smile:

Fred

The Change Log is available for programs that use a table which has an assigned ChgLogID. This capability displays on the program’s Standard Toolbar as the Change Log icon. If you see this icon, you can enable the Change Log functionality for a given program, so it means that not all tables can be enabled.

1 Like

Oh… Thank you so much for the explanation and swift help, Davie! That is helpful indeed. I can try doing it in via BAQ.

Cheers,

Fred

FWIW - The GLC info isn’t stored with the primary table (PartClass in your case). Even if the ChangeLog widget existed in PartClass, changes to the GLC wouldn’t be logged. You can test this with Product Group.

The GLC info is stored in the EntityGLC table - which you can put a change log on.

Put a Condition in there to limit the tables whose GLC changes should be logged.

And you’ll have to make a BAQ to see the change log for these.

1 Like

Since ChangeLog requires support on the UI side (explicitly implemented by the application developers), the ability to create ChangeLog records is controlled via ZData. So, DD shows related widget only for tables explicitly marked as ChangeLog-ready.

1 Like

Wow! I’ll definitely try this one. It’s a shame I read it late, but is surely another bit of knowledge added in my bank :slight_smile:

Thanks again, Calvin!

It’s a linked in article, but written by an Epicor Support agent in the UK. References a couple of EpicCare links.

USE WITH CAUTION

1 Like