Grids in Kinetic - System-wide Issues?

Lol, agreed.

Maybe itā€™s a midwest idiom?

2 Likes

Interesting! I kind of wondered what the etymology of that phrase was, but was never really motivated enough to look it up, lol. That makes more sense than imagining how a bee typically flies.

100% agree. Itā€™s the one issue where I donā€™t think I can allow us to go live until itā€™s resolved.

We had the same issue. This one was fixed for us in 2022.1.

Hot dog. Getting there!

Correctā€¦ the Grids and Landing pages are two of the areas of focus for 2023.1. In fact i was just on a call earlier this morning to witness several items that were still in process to get fixed. Because it is an overall framework issue, once we fix it, all screens that use grids will get the fix.

7 Likes

there is improvement in the grid with 2022.2ā€¦ but not the full improvement that we want and desire. Look for more to come with 2023.1

1 Like

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the update @timshuwy , thatā€™s great to hear.

How soon before the release is there likely to be confirmation that the grid fixes have definitely been included in 2023.1? Or will we need to wait for the Release notes?

the target date for for 23.1 is dependant on whether you are in the cloud or on-prem. On Prem, it is GA the week of insights (5/18 I believe), and for cloud, the target go-live is 6/11. The release note are not generated yet, since we have not done the code cut yet. we still have lots of steps to finish before the release. Next step after code cut is our regression testing process, followed by controlled release where select customers will receive a copy to have a first look.

3 Likes

I just installed 2022.2.9 (on-premises) in our test environment and am seeing an improvement over 2022.2.8 when it comes to records loading during scrolling. I donā€™t see anything in the release notes about it, but the change is noticeable. Iā€™ll install it in Production in the next few days to see if the improvement remains - but our two environments are very similar so I expect it will. Curious if anyone else is seeing a difference?

2 Likes

Seems decent to me as well so far.

Yes we have also done the .2.9 patch and there seems to be a significant improvement with the grids.

I think so far the only observation would be on some UIs depending on were the panel containing the grid is positioned the panels container for the grid seems to collapse itself.

Possibly, if I recall correctly: Sales order UI ā†’ detail page (formerly header) ā†’ lines panel grid would be an example.

1 Like

I got confirmation some grid improvements made it into .9, but it is unknown why that didnā€™t make it into release notes. I did install .9 in our Production environment and the grid improvement is real. Definitely seems worth the patch if you are already on 2022.2.x

Pleased to hear that. Look forward to testing when the update is available for SaaS customers on Feb 7th.

@timshuwy Tim - in looking through the release notes for .12 I still donā€™t see anything obvious about the obvious grid performance improvements, which seems like it should be mentioned. This leads me to two questions:

• Am I just missing a reference for that in the notes or are some key changes not making it into the release notes?
  • I noticed that the Issues starting with KNTC in the notes donā€™t have any updates for patch releases past the main 2022.2 release, where the others issue prefixes like DMT/ERP/ERPS have plenty of 2022.2.X level updates. There are several Grid/UX notes in the KNTC itemsā€¦ is that where a grid enhancement note would (should?) be?

With on-premises patch updates being kind of a pain I try to look through the notes to see if a particular patch fixes anything we care about, and something like the grid improvements we definitely would care about.

2 Likes

there are multiple types of Jira projectsā€¦ thes are done by different teams: Apps team, Tools team, UI/UX teamā€¦ each has their own responsibilities. Also, within each team, there are two different types of projects

1. Enhancements & new features: (aka new features) typically DO all appear in release notes, because any enhancements theoretically also need to be socialized to users because it may change or enhance your abilities in the software. These include features like new fields, new screens, etc.
  2. Bug Fixes: SOME bug fixes do get documented in the release notes, but not necessarily all big fixes. The bug fixes that are simply to fix performance in the background may not have anything in the release notes. it is up to the developer who is doing the work as to whether there are release notes also published. In these cases, if there is nothing in the release notes, there should not be any procedural change for end users, BUT they may notice enhanced speed.

Sorry to resurrect this conversation, but do people still have an issue with a BAQ grid showing the initial data, but then filtering it shows no data. Looking at DevTools shows that the BAQ is called again and a proper data set is being returned to the client, just not shown in the grid.

I am on 11.2.300.7

Somewhere between 2023.1.1 and 2023.2.5, they seem to have fixed the date filter issue for a BAQ grid, instead of just treating it as standard text. What is still not fixed in 2023.2 is ā€˜Save Defaultsā€™ actually saving the column widths or subtotals when you close and re-open the client.

Ah, well we are on 2023.1.9, so apparently that fix will come later for us. :expressionless:

Thanks!

1 Like