Kinetic 21 and Client Printers... a question

Can you see client printers when using the web browser in kinetic 21?

-Utah

I assume you have to set up server printers in epicor.

You would have to install the Edge Agent to see your printers via the web.

Doug,

Does this work so that when you print an ssrs report and the epicor print prompt comes up, you can choose from a list of client printers and then hit print?

Thanks,

Utah

It fills the list with the printers you have on the client workstation. It’s worked fine for me for a while, but this morning I notice that my print icon is greyed out in all of the web screens. I guess I need to reinstall the agent.

:frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

I appreciate your help Doug, trying to figure out bartender integrations with a forward looking mindset.

If it is best to use server printers then it is best to use server printers, but that means for each client I would have to store what printers they are using in a UD field… I really would like to get away from this, but it sounds like it might be the only option.

Can you use the Workstation feature? You define a Workstation and printers/scales then assign the Workstation to a user. I personally haven’t used it but I imagine this is what it is meant to do. People can change their workstation and hence their printers IIRC…

1 Like

What @Mark_Wonsil said. We have users attached to workstations. That allows the system to use their printers. In my bartender function that I wrote, I have logic that allows for flexibility in this, but the main key driver in changing where the label goes is the workstation definition.

Right on fellas!

I have never used this feature before, but that’s awesome.

I will try this out.

Do they have to be server printers though? Or can I use client printers for the workstation?

I would strongly recommend you use a printer that’s set up on your Task Agent app server.

Are all of your printers networked printers?

Yes, with the exception of the one I do my development work on. That’s attached to the server via a share. I typically don’t like to attach printers to workstations as that limits the locations they can be placed.

Alright, thank you for your help Doug!