Look at the size of those scroll bars (Kinetic 2024.1) :SafeHarbor:

:safe_harbor: Insert Safe Harbor statement here :safe_harbor:
Look at the size of those scroll bars in Kinetic 2024.1

:safe_harbor: Still not released, but coming soon to a computer near you (if you upgrade) :safe_harbor:

You can go ahead and say “finally” if you want… we heard you several releases ago, but this was the first chance we had to get this fixed in the Browser Based UI.

6 Likes

Pete Davidson 90S GIF by Transformers

1 Like

Its Good GIF by VERZUZ

1 Like

Season 10 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

2 Likes

It’s “better”. Increase that 100% and it would be good.

2 Likes

Wait @timshuwy it looks like you showed us the old scren shot that’s the same size we have in 2023

This feels like a psychological test, they wanted to see if we really wanted them larger or not lol

1 Like

season 3 doctor GIF

@josecgomez and I are over here playing a game of I’ll show you mine if you show me yours.

My 2023.2 and 2022.2

His 2023.1

How are they so different?

Ones been cut and the other not :laughing:

Same browser & resolution for both of you?

Google Chrome Version 120.0.6099.227 (Official Build) (64-bit) @ 1920x1080

Maybe this is a game of “how do you keep idiots busy for a couple hours?” tell them something changed and have them find it LOL

When I open a kinetic screen in the ‘smart’ client, its tiny, and when I open it in firefox its less tiny

@timshuwy As @klincecum said even bigger.

Also can the color be more distinguished from the grid? I find myself grabbing the frame and moving the window rather than scrolling the grid.

1 Like

So it’s browser version dependent… apparently? Upgraded to Google Chrome Version 121.0.6167.140 (Official Build) (64-bit) now I have the “bigger” version though it went from 5px to 8-9px. Standards are 17-20. No fire sales on pixels today I guess! Gotta save those bad boys for all the padding betwixed fields! I know people that couldn’t click the broadside of a 25x25 thumbnail image thank god for mouse wheels!

So begs the question… did Epicor actually do anything or did something in the chrome update break their style LOL

I have mine enabled for a while now via chrome://flags/#overlay-scrollbars

1 Like

Browser first does have some advantages :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So… not to add more fire to any controversy, we DID have a special override on the scrollbars to make them extra small visually, but then if you hovered over them, you could click outside of the scrollbar, and they still worked in a larger area, so you didn’t have to be exact. but this is a confusing experience that people didnt like.
SO… we expanded the scrollbar, and made it so it didn’t appear/disappear…
BUT at the same time, google also did funny business with scrollbars (without announcements) making additional things happen… so some of you may have the update that is making things look slightly different.

3 Likes

If you want a hint of the reason why nobody like the tiny scroll bars, try to use them in a Teams remote control session, or through Remote Desktop… lol

Ah sorry all I have to issue a correction on this one :person_facepalming:

We have not actually made our planned adjustments to scrollbars yet and what Tim’s excited about there is actually a bug in our current development version caused in part by some recent changes to css styling in chromium. Note it’s misaligned the column headers and body which is the scrollbar taking space in a way we didn’t intend because it’s altered its styling in a way we didn’t apply on purpose.

We do intend to make changes to scrollbars based on all of your feedback, but we have not actually done it yet. Sorry to have to pour a little cold water on this one - development version, wip.

ps. yes, browsers have different support for scrollbar style options (and they’ve continually changed over the years) so you will in fact see different scrollbars in different browsers.

1 Like