Not generating unfirm Jobs.! - MRP query

Hey folks,

We are trying to generate the unfirm jobs through MRP process.
We’re aware that the unfirm jobs are only be created for the parts which are not present in part maintenance.

First we created a sales order directly, with a part that is not present in the part maintenance.
Then we ran the MRP process. But when we check for the unfirm job in planning workbench or job status maintenance or job manager, we found that no unfirm jobs are created.

What could be the possible reason for this?

Rishi

first of all, i want to clarify the problem… you made a statement that you are “aware that the unfirm jobs are only be created for the parts which are not present in part maintenance.”
This is not a true statement.
If you have a part, with a Method of Manufacturing and the revision is APPROVED, and you have a demand (sales order) for that part, then MRP WILL generate an UNFIRM JOB for the part. That job will be ENGINEERED. Once you manually APPROVE the Job, then it just needs to be released.

1 Like

Do you have any guidance book or process to run the whole process?

Because there are various open sales order for which the unfirm jobs are not getting created.

You’ll find the MRP and Scheduling guides in Epicor Help:

This is my summary of it:

To be clear you do not have to sell things make-to-order. You can certainly sell from stock and make to stock. MOST of this applies to anyone.

This worked.
In my case, the release was not checked as make direct.

Thank you all for your replies.