Quote Worksheet Fields

Is there any way to access the quote worksheet cost fields?
If not, how are they calculating those costs?
The unit cost in this image shows 63.14772, but the costs tab in Part Tracker shows 54.8774.
I’d like to use those fields in a BPM.

I had to calculate them for a BAQ.

What did you use to calculate them?

These are not stored in the database and they are calculated on the fly by the system. It involves a whole lot of calculations!!! I’ve done it in the past, but it is heavy, mostly with labor costs. Good luck.

To calculate the 2 fields you have there you can go to

That is for the material cost

That is the subcontract cost

This is how they reflect in the worksheet.

For labor is a bit more complicated

Let me now if you need that as well.

Regards

I tried that, but was getting off results.
We have 4 material lines on this one totaling to 63.14772, but the material on the worksheet shows 48.19947.

I suggest you look at these (for the material cost):

1. Do you have scraps (qty or %)?
  2. Do you have materials checked as Fixed Qty?
  3. Do you have price breaks where you unit cost might change depending on the total required qty?
  4. If the materials are part of a sub-assembly, don’t forget to multiply the qty/parent with the top assembly quantity.

@Alexandre_Pothier there’s no scrap set up, none are set to fixed, one material is pulling from a price list with no breaks, and I multiplied by the qty/parents.
I still come up with the 63 number.

Even more interesting, this part is showing subcontract costs. There’s no subcontract operation.
The total unit cost is exactly the calculated material cost I’m getting manually. Why is the subcon randomly broken out?

Does the EA unit of measure allows decimals? If not, materials with 0.25 qty parent will have the required quantity rounded up by the system. By example for the material sequence 40, the calculation could become 1 * 9.1309 instead of 0.25 * 9.1309.

That would cause my manual calculation to be even higher than what it is now since I used the decimals in the the calc. It’s already higher than the worksheet cost when using the fractional qty/parent.

I just realized the point you specified where material costs are calculated under subcontract costs… I must admit this is weird. Not sure yet what is the reason behind this.

If you look at each raw materials from the part tracker, under the costs tab, are they showing values in the subcontract cost bucket? Even though, I feel like they should be considered as material costs in the quote, but we never know…

Hmm, yes I see it there, but it’s not the 14 dollars in the worksheet.
Somehow the rates on this part are being reduced.

Aaron,
I wanted the same information for reporting. I ended up capturing the information on a field event change and stored the costs in number fields on the Quote Qty table.

3 Likes

We’ve done the same. It will be way more effective and be more robust if designed properly.

Is any of these a subassembly?

Negative. It’s a single-level.

Do you have multiple costing ID?

Aaron it all depends on how you want epicor shows your costing. If the raw materials receive any treatment or they are subcontract materials and you pass them there are to ways they will flow into the next level, this is default

Which everyone would assume, BUT there is another one called SPLIT COST ELEMENTS

So if you have it turned on and some of the previous materials get any subcontract cost, it would explain why you have OV cost even thou the part your are quoting does not have at that level

1 Like

Do you have price brakes? Perhaps the costs are being reduced because of that? Any discount? Misc charges in the lines?