Reports are not print previewing but going to scheduled tasks

Epicor 9.05.701

Our LIVE Database works fine…but when we use our Train or Pilot database all of our reports go straight to scheduled tasks?
I have tried restarting the app servers but it makes no difference.

I suspect that it may have something to do with copying our live database over to train and pilot previously and something has maybe been missed, any clues?

@Rowley150, restart your Task Agent. It sometimes freezes and everything just queues up in Scheduled Tasks.

1 Like

in the client for Pilot, navigate to System Management > Utilities > System Agent.

• Confirm that the Task Appserver URL is pointing to 9423 (number 1 below).
  • Confirm that the System AppServer URL is using port 9421 (number 2 below).
  • Save your changes.
  • Restart the taskagent and processserver for Test.

In Training, Task port should be 9413 and System AppServer port is 9411.
NOTE: you may need to stop your production taskagent and processserver before you can save changes in the system agent in Pilot and Training.

This is PILOT:

This is TRAINING:

I have just restarted the TaskAgent alone for TRAIN database and it made no difference.

Rebooting the server made no odds…the TRAINING database …reports still go to scheduled tasks.
LIVE database still works…phew!..but the others?

it is 943x for pilot - my apologies. the 942x is for test.

can you take a screenshot of your entire system agent record? Is there a connection string on the bottom of either database that doesn’t work?

Have you changed password for Manager ? If yes, then it should be reflected in task agent setting in system agent and Admin console.

here is the TRAINING system agent…and no the manager p/w has not been changed.

Which login ID and password u have used for Production / Test in Task agent Configuration ? I think there should be only Manager ID and password. Please try with manager login, restart task agent and chek whether it make any difference.

:slight_smile:

Additionally to the Task Agent settings and ports, you have to look at 2 other things:

1. The AppServers start/stop sequence/order.

1. AppServers are up and running and no errors are reported on the broker and server logs:

Click on your [ENVIRONMENT]TaskAgent (or Print) in case you have separate printing appserver.
Then click on “Log File Viewer of Broker” and “Log File Viewer of Servers”. In both cases, you should look for errors.
If everything is fine, you should see something like:

and

Hope that helps.

Carlos Q.
PSE

Hi Carlos,
I went to open edge and on the EPICORTRAIN905TASKAGENT i clicked on the “log file viewer of broker” and “log file viewer of servers”…and both looked similar to yours above, …nothing jumping out with errors.

Just a quick update, i turned the TEST database on and that worked.

so, LIVE and TEST works…TRAIN and PILOT don’t.

You know I’ve run into issues with the Ports that are being used for Train and Pilot. I’m not sure if this is the greatest idea but I’ve had to change Port Numbers to something other than the 94xx numbers that Epicor recommends by default. (Using something like 9434, 9435, 9436…for PILOT) I’m not sure what would have been conflicting with them but that’s just something I’ve run into before…don’t want to make it too confusing but I wonder what would happen if you SHUTDOWN TEST first and then used those port numbers for PILOT or TRAIN (updating the port values in the System Task Agent)…just thinking out loud here if you wanted to try that to see if that was the issue… :slight_smile:

I have had that issue when my ports were wrong or not stopping and starting the APP servers in the correct sequence. Do you have one server or do you have 2 servers.

we have just one server

ok good news…i had an epicor consultant do a webex with me…it turns out somebody had disabled the user “printepicor”…and that is the user set in the system agent.

So, that is PILOT up and running again!

4 Likes

Agh…yes, that would get me in the beginning when I would restore Pilot for finance and disable everyone but forget to enable Print.

1 Like

We have this on a schedule to run over night, so the day’s transaction up until midnight may also need clearing.