So long and Thanks for all the Fish!

I will miss your instructive posts !
Wish you the best !

and good luck being ( apparently ) a newly member of the “traitor” bunch!! :rofl:

Pierre

Good luck in your new venture! All the best. :+1:

I am trying to get my old blog site going again so hope to do some tech blogging. I’ll have a 23 minute train ride to and from the office and most of my longer articles are written on a plane when my email gets backed up with questions. My site needs a revamp but I have not had time to overhaul it - bus mans holiday and all. I’ll drop a note if and when…

Bart - I wish nothing else for you but health and happiness. Sincere, kind, regards. Thanks

bye bye @Bart_Elia, your contributions have been many and all were greatly appreciated by all in this community. We’ll all miss you and I personally enjoyed the time i was able to interact with you. All very positive learning experiences. Good luck in your next endeavor!! thank you again!

1 Like

Nothing but warm thoughts from my point of view. I truly enjoyed the ride and honestly - it’s a small world. You never know where life leads you and how things circle around.

True stories - My kids are both in IT.
My daughter was applying for a job and as she was waiting for an interview the owner started chatting with her in the waiting room. Elia… elia…, you know a Bart Elia? She got hired.
My Son was just starting at his company, the new Architect and Manager… Elia… eliayup, my dad.

Never burn a bridge and be realistic with the role and the challenges and pros and cons. Look in the mirror and learn to be comfortable with what you see and change what you don’t.

My Son was applying for a job and as he was waiting for an interview the owner started chatting with him in the waiting room. Wonsil… wonsil…, do you tell Dad Jokes?

“No.”

He got hired.

8 Likes

@Bart_Elia Frankly, I have no words that have not already been said, apart from the fact I wish you were my manager at Epicor when I was there…I might have learnt a lot more than I know now. I am sure my career would have gone in a totally different direction.

You will be missed, your contributions to E10help and Epicor have been stellar.

Best wishes, enjoy, you deserve it.

Now that just about every Video conferencing platform is free…Perhaps it’s time for a quick celebratory catch up with Bart to thank him for his contribution and all the best with his new direction…Now, how do we clink glasses virtually? :thinking:

1 Like

@Bart_Elia You have provided so much information and I have learnt so much from it. :cry: Sad news… but family should come first.

1 Like

As with all the others, we wish you all the best. The people you have come in contact with are very blessed.
This winter has been way too nice in our area to be the cause, so it must have been very thoughtful consideration.

1 Like

@Bart_Elia your an inspiring person. thanks ever so much for everything. :slight_smile:

Whichever company you go to, we will make sure Epicor acquires them, then your back!!!

In 2016 when Epicor was more of a closed eco-system, when you had only EUG and you couldn’t get into Yahoo Groups because Jose never approved anyone. All I had was emails for Erik Johnson, who has helped us resolve many E9 to E10 migration issues. He introduced me in an email to Bart, and I started bugging him right away at 100mi/hour.

Afterwards, I emailed Michael Fox and others to give him an EUG Account, and I shared all of the cool info Bart gave me w/ Jose, then E10Help came around and here we are.

I still wonder, why you were under a rock hiding prior to 2016. You are a great person, great leader, you always want to make the people around you better and the company you work for successful.

We need more like you, who get involved in the community, share some tech demos, and invite us to Yammer, Gives us Beta Test (just like you did w/ EFX). I think you realized if you win over the sys-admins, developers and the partners - you win the ERP War.

Your contributions to the community will be recorded forever in-time. One thing that many don’t know, we pester the crap out of Bart 24/7. He posts a friendly family dinner photo on facebook, and here comes @Chris_Conn and throws in a comment on the family photo “Hey Bart, how do you convert a Tableset to a Dataset” :smiley: (If you work for Epicor dont add Chris on facebook, add me)

Bart has been a GREAT listener (not sure if his wife agrees), hence Epicor Functions, and soon even proper Task Agent Async/Scheduling (after Jose complained that he always has 200k record stuck in Bpm Queue). When you are at an Epicor conference, you spend your time with the community! Overall, with Bart you could have deep-conversations that didnt always have to be scripted, funny that he always did finish the conversation with “Safe Harbor Statement”

He also always spoke highly about his team, and always gave proper credit. Now that I think about it, he never even used the word “I” it was always “its Israels fault:scream: (jk). I knew @Olga , @ivaldez, @Epic_Santiago, @Dmitry_Kashulin, @JeffLeBert, @pferrington etc from Bart praising them, before I knew them on the forums.

I know you will still be on the forums. Who knows, maybe after a year @JeffLeBert needs your help and you come back to Epicor. Oh and yes he brought many folks to the Forums.

PS: When I had MRP Issues, Erik, Stephen, Bart got me in touch with Raj Tapde. He was very helpful and spent about 3 weeks debugging MRP with me.

In a Nutshell Bart can be described in my book as LEGENDARY RARE EDITION - Thank you for making Epicor ERP better, the difference 10.1.400 to 10.2.500 is huge.

I think you should still make it 1 trip to Insights 2020. I am sure it wouldnt cost you anything besides travel. So we can give you a group hug.

Legend Back In The Days:

9 Likes

@Bart_Elia there is still time to change your mind, before @jgiese.wci applies the badge…

5 Likes

@Bart_Elia, I wish you luck in your future endeavors but we’ll all miss you and Epicor and the community will be lesser without you. Hopefully you can pop in every so often and update us on your future successes.

1 Like

LMAO I didn’t have that kind of power! Yahoo wasn’t my baby

1 Like

So long buddy - your presence here will be sorely missed. I guess all those beers I owe you at Insights will have to be paid back when you and the misses decide to finally bring it on home to Nashville (you know it’s only a matter of time).

Until then, I will continue to haunt you on social media :smiley:

worthy

5 Likes

Yes. Yes, that is true. You are not the Father.

3 Likes

@Bart_Elia, I wish you the best! I really appreciate your interacting with the Epicor community on this forum! It was awesome! I enjoyed meeting you at Insights and at the meetup with the E10Help group. Your energy and enthusiasm was contagious!

@Bart_Elia I have enjoyed your presence in the Epicor world, but on this day of days the last of yours in the Epicor world (maybe…?) I bestow upon you the highly !coveted traitor badge
Godspeed, onward and upward, and all those other things Boomers say

3 Likes

Justice!