UD Form - GetNew Button

How do you change what the GetNew menu / button display text is on a UD form? So instead of New Parent or New Child it can say what I want it to.

I’m not sure it would be possible to change the display text for those existing menu items.

If you search this site, there are several topics that discuss customizing form menus.
However, I am pretty sure they are only concerned with hiding and/or adding items.
Can’t remember reading anything related to modifying the properties of a standard menu item

On a related note, you might find the “menu stuff” at this link interesting…

Below - from the Epicor Insights Customization to the Max Client short session - is a snippet of code created on UD105 for ERP 10 (E9 code is a little different) which will show you how to do what you want. There is another section of this customization - which I am not sharing here - that shows how to handle a tool click before Epicor code is invoked.

Epicor Insights 2019 is fast approaching. Get those early bird tickets now…

private void UD105Form_Load(object sender, EventArgs args)
{
	// Add Event Handler Code
	foreach (var tool in baseToolbarsManager.Tools)
	{
		if (tool.SharedProps.Caption.Equals("New Parent", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))
			tool.SharedProps.Caption = "New Group";
		if (tool.SharedProps.Caption.Equals("New Child", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))
			tool.SharedProps.Caption = "New SubGroup";
	}
}
4 Likes

Perfect! Worked great, thanks much for sharing.

1 Like