Welcome back... traitor!

Our first member to earn the Traitor Badge for leaving Epicor… got sick of the sh*tty Net-suite life and has returned to the Epicor World!

Join me in welcoming @Banderson back to the fold :tada::balloon:

PS: You are keeping the traitor badge for a while, gotta keep an eye on you to make sure you are not a Net-suite double agent. :joy:

8 Likes

NetSuite. Yuck.

Welcome Back, there have been alot of folks on the forum who need a reminder to use code tags, please help. :slight_smile:

Also you are no longer in the Top 5 @Mark_Wonsil and @ckrusen caught up.

3 Likes
4 Likes

http://gph.is/1pGfoeq

3 Likes

So Traitors do come back…

@Bart_Elia

8 Likes

LOL, missing all of you too :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@ckrusen One of the best episodes ever.

4 Likes

you left?

2 Likes

Interested to hear what Epicor stuff you really missed in Netsuite… I need real life ammo as the top brass loves anything Oracle related.

3 Likes

I’ll second that. Please give me ammo also. I am tired of “When I worked at [insert Fortune 500 company here], Oracle told the Roomba when the best time was to vacuum the office!”

And I always say, yeah, and how big was the IT staff and how long had they been on Oracle? You got just me, and I think we are doing mighty well, considering.

2 Likes

:smiling_imp:

Just kidding, Bart! Happy to see you back!

#1 Baq’s that actually used tables and fields (in netsuite it’s all names on the front end, which aren’t necessarily consistent, and can be changed, so you can call it one thing somewhere, and then somewhere else somewhere else. And there are lists of names that might literally have the same thing, and you have to guess/trial and error which one it is)

#2. C#. I’ve learned C# within Epicor, so not having that, and not really setting up the access for the customization stuff in netsuite, I couldn’t do some things that seem pretty trivial to me in Epicor.

#3. Dashboards. While netsuite has saved searches that can kind of act like dashboards, It’s simpler to use BAQ’s to feed dashboards. (back to the same name/guessing about fields problem)

#4. This community. While there are some attempts and making forums/slack groups for netsuite stuff out there, there wasn’t really the depth of knowledge or participation to learn there, so I felt pretty stunted in my growth compared to what I get here.

This just feels like home! :houses:

7 Likes

All is left for you is to convince management to switch to Epicor!!!

haha!

Quite a business case adventure!!!

:wink:

Pierre

@Banderson welcome back man!

1 Like

@Banderson Welcome back!

1 Like