Zebra 450 prints correctly from all programs but Epicor

I installed a Zebra 450 printer on a new windows 10 computer. Everything prints fine except Epicor, which prints everything very tiny. I tried changing the paper size and dpi but that had no effect at all. I have another zebra printer LB 2844 that I just moved to a windows 10 computer as well and Epicor prints fine from that one.

Any ideas?

You are supposed to Print using BarTender :slight_smile:

I know in E9 I always had to Edit the Printer on the Computer and set the USER Template to be 4x6 – there is a USER Preset somewhere in the Printing Preferences. Epicor seemed to honor that.

2 Likes

Had a lot of problems with a Brother printer using Advanced Print and Routing. The article below helped especailly the tool for determining what printer settings and then mapping these exactly across into Epicor, once they matched it worked.

You can download Epicors Tool (@aidacra had to rename it to .txt so it wasnt blocked, once you download it rename it to .exe)

I’m using client side printing. I set it to changed it from USER Template to the 4x6.5 stock but Epicor still prints tiny unlike other programs. If I use print preview to generate a pdf and then print the pdf it comes out right but that is too many steps.

Did not find any settings that worked with client side printing with the exception of print preview followed by print as you describe.
Main problem appeared to be caused by confussion with selecting Landscape and then defining page setup with Portrait like dimensions. Did have some luck some years ago by defining the label as a square in SSRS, but the Brother printer I am using now did not allow that trick.
If possible I would suggest going server-side printing.

I’m not sure we can set up sever side printing correctly, as cloud customers we don’t have access to the server. Its just odd, client side printing works good for us for our samsung printers, and the other Zebra.

The Zebra LP 2488 works great, the Zebra ZP 450 prints too small in Epicor only - puzzling because they seem like practically the same printer.

In E9 the Print Dialog looked different, and I would have to set the Settings AGAIN by clicking the Properties on the Printer while the Print Dialog was open.

In E10 it just shows a Printer List, not the classic Windows Print Dialog – I wonder if there is a setting you can add on Printer Maintenance.

I am curious, what if you Print and select a PDF Printer how does that come out… (Not Print Preview! But Print to a PDF Printer, does it still come small prob doesnt if you can print to other Zebra)

Actually, I printed to CutePDF and it DID come out to small on that too, but if I use print preview it does not…

Does that give you any ideas?

It looks like the actual label is the right size but it sticks it on a 17 x 11 page for some reason? Then then zebra scales this down to fit

EDIT: Looks like that might just be a CutePDF setting…

I figured it out. I used the driver for a LP 2488 (even though we have a ZP 450) and changed the print processor from winprint to us008PC and it prints out the right size from Epicor now.