Bulk Inventory Transfer

Hi,

Is there a quicker way to transfer a long list of items from 1 warehouse to another. So far i have to do it line by line.

Thank you

Shannon

You could definitely make an ERP program customization that does this for you, or via DMT. Are you familiar with either of those options?

I am not unfortunately. Recently learned how to make a BAQ and a dashboard…

If there a document i can study so i can learn?

I have built this before. I used a UD table to stage the transfer from one Warehouse to another. It would display the Inventory by Bin/Lot and allow the user to select the qty for each part. It then would allow the Mass Transfer (running Inventory Transfer for each line). If you would like to learn and make this yourself, I would recommend starting with the Customziation documentation. You’ve got quite a hill to climb, but it can be worth it.

DMT is very easy to use. Well worth every penny (and not really that expensive).

If you can populate an excel file you can use DMT.

All you need is an excel file with the following columns

image

There are more fields (like TranReference for adding a comment. I’d include that field to) - but they are all optional.

back in the early days of DMT (2007?), we didn’t all the nice features it currently has… Customer found out after they went live (using the OLD method of “Pervasive” to import data) that all their inventory was put into stock without a BIN value… At the end of day one, we took this new DMT tool that they had just licensed the day before, and decided to put it to the test…

  1. created a BAQ showing the Company, Part, Warehouse, Bin, and Qty
  2. export the BAQ to Excel
  3. modified the Qty to be negative
  4. ran the Inventory Adjustment DMT to remove all inventory from the old location
  5. modified the Excel to change all qtys to positive, and populate the BINs with the correct values.
  6. Ran the Inventory Adjustment DMT to move everything back into inventory.
    Total time was about 15 (scary) minutes…

DMT tool is a great asset to have but you can also do a paste insert from excel.

Enter a transaction but don’t process it, click on the list tab and right mouse click and select copy to excel…you now have the columns and in order that you need. Now simply fill in the excel with the required info etc. Once finished copy all the columns excluding the header go back to the inventory transfer in Epicor under the list tab (should have no data in here), now right mouse click and select paste insert. Please try this in your pilot machine/environment first.

Hi, I am trying to do the same thing, assign bin numbers on mass, I tried “Inventory Transfer” in DMT but it comes up with the error message “There are no warehouses left to be assigned” any advice?
FYI, we have 3 sites I need to do this in, I can transfer from a remote site to the main site but not in reverse.

Are you trying to create new bins, or assign qtys to existing bins?

The issue with transferring between sites not working in one direction, is probably due a missing warehouse sharing setting in Site Config (or maybe it’s Site Maint)

Thanks Calvin.
It would seem DMT was having a bad day, I tried it a few days later and all was good.
I use DMT quite often so was sure it was set up correctly.