Kinetic Dashboard not cascading

@DeanMiller, as an option, and maybe an easier one, you can set up BAQ child views using parent-child relations functionality in the App Studio’s Data View designer instead of where clauses. This is described in the Working with Dashboards in Application Studio hands-on course on ELC (Exercise 3) - Epicor Learning Center

Hi Ruslan,

Thank you for the option. I went through the course and had a BAQ missing. I replaced it with another and could not get it to work. I will apply this technique to a custom, dashboard that works in Classic and deploy it as a Kinetic App and see if I can get ti to work. The preview of the Kinetic App still exibits the same behavior as the original problem. On load, none of the ‘child grids’ will filter until a row other than the first row in the ‘master’ grid receives focus.

Is there a way to force a refresh programmatically or to cycle the master record row selected ? ( similar to an OnLoad event in winforms) .

Dean

I finally got this to Epicor and it has been accepted by development as a bug. Under PRB0238698 - Kinetic dashboard not refreshing child grids on load.

Thank you all for your input.

2 Likes