In Application Studio store data from controls, such as text-boxes, in a grid

I am helping to design our configurator in app studio. I have not added much logic ,for this configurator, but would like to have an area on the form with a text box or other controls where I fill the out the data and have an “add/update” button that will add the data to the grid and clear the form. With the ability to click a row, if needed ,to edit the data then update the row. The grid data would not originate from the db or another source but from the data from the form. I need to use this data later for my “keep when” rules. does any one have nay ideas?

Thanks to help from @hmwillett and @josecgomez on this topic I am making progress. I am not sure all of theses steps are 100% required for this to work. Anyone can chime in if they see something unnecessary. Still learning. In the video I need to toggle that combo box that comes with the grid before things start showing up in the list. Any ideas on that?

1. Add a text box to current view ex: Customer

1. Create a view with a column to represent the data

1. Edit the button onClick event to add a row-add function followed by a propert-set to clear the text box.

1. Bind the text box to the new column in the Customer view.

5. Add the custom view to the “View Options” > “ep Binding” property of the grid.
SEE REPLY BELOW

Looks like I a had the custom view in the wrong place. It needs to be under the “Grid Model”. This may be another topic but does anyone know where to find a list of properties that work for the “property-set” function in the event toolbox? I am trying to set the focus back to the text box after the item is added to the grid. Tried setting “focused” to true but didn’t work.

I typically use Everything by VoidTools to search for the property keyword in the MetaUI folder on the server to see what Epicor is doing.

There’s a control-focus widget, but the last time I tried it (few patches ago), it didn’t work and I submitted the bug report. Not sure if it has been fixed, but feel free to try it.

Thanks. I will look into the “Everything” program. Looks like the control-focus widget is still not working unless I am not setting it up properly.

@hmwillett do you know how I can access the items in the list. I assume the data will be an array of objects like below based on my SpecialItemsView. I was going to console log it or show it in a dialog box alert but not sure how to get to it.

[
	{
		"Name": "a"
	},
	{
		"Name": "b"
	},
	{
		"Name": "b"
	}
]

I thought I would see what would happen when I copied the items using the built in copy functionality and paste the results in Excel. It appears to past the correct number of rows but they are blank. I opened dev tools and see the error below when I copy.

@josecgomez is there a way to run the “unbundled” version ,of Kinetic, in the browser so I could add break points for debugging purposes to be able to troubleshoot errors like the one above?

No but there are a lot of debugging options you can enable look in the docs

1 Like

Looks like I needed to add the column to the “Grid Model” to match the one in my custom view. Now the copy works.

1 Like

Thanks. I was curious as to why the console-write widget was not showing info in the dev tools->Console. I had to activate it with Ctrl + Alt + 8 .

Hi Hannah @hmwillett ,
Can you think of any workaround for setting focus?
I have developed a page for people to scan boxes, but they will have to press in the scan box each time, not very practical. Any help appreciated.
Kind regards
Mark

The control-focus-set widget works now–at least in 2022.2.9.

1 Like

Thanks.
We are on 2021.2.22 :frowning:
We are not due to upgrade until July - can you think of another way of achieving this?

Not that I’m aware of.

After you got this to work, how did you get the results stored with the rest of the configurator inputs?